At FedLoan Servicing, we aim to provide our schools with the highest quality training; therefore, we developed a new program to help meet your needs - FiveStar Training.
FiveStar Training consists of multiple different training options that allows you to pick the level of information you need.
- Watch one of our "Take Five" videos for instruction from FedLoan Servicing staff that is less than five minutes long.
- Attend a webinar or listen to an event recording.
- View our presentation handouts for high level details.
- Watch one of our tutorials for step-by-step instructions on specific tasks.
- Utilize our toolkits to help establish awareness campaigns on your campus.
Training Topics Expand All
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Want to learn more about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program? As the sole servicer for the PSLF Program, we will review the eligibility requirements, borrower experience, and resources for our school partners.
Looking for innovative ways to educate your students on the responsibility of having student loans? Check out the materials we have to prepare borrowers for financial success.
Looking for tips or strategies to improve your school's Exit Counseling program? These materials provide an overview of how to increase the success of your Exit Counseling strategies to help guide borrowers to successful repayment.
What's going on in Washington? Scott Miller, the Director of Federal Relations for the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) offers his valuable insights on hot topics in the education industry-directly from Capitol Hill. Representing the Agency since 1998, Scott is the primary liaison between PHEAA and the U.S. Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, and other federal agencies.
Let us help you keep current with the complex Title IV federal student aid regulations. Our compliance topics are regularly updated and coordinated to ensure that you are getting valuable resources when needed.
- Sign up for a Compliance Webinar
- R2T4 Clock Hours Presentation Handout (PDF)
- R2T4 Credit Hours Presentation Handout (PDF)
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Clock Hours Q&A (PDF)
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Credit Hours Q&A (PDF)
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Clock Hours Event Recording
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Credit Hours Event Recording
- Pay As You Earn Fact Sheet (PDF)
Cohort Default Rate
The Cohort Default Rate or CDR continues to be one of the hottest topics in the financial aid industry. Are you looking for ways to combat a high CDR or information on understanding the inner workings of the CDR? These materials provide informative information on how to manage and understand your institution's CDR.
Developing a Financial Literacy & Default Prevention Program
Interested in creating, re-inventing, or enhancing your school's financial literacy and delinquency management program? These materials address campus involvement, creative solutions, and measuring success.
Do the many repayment plans intimidate or confuse your students? Check out our training resources below on the various repayment plans available. Here you'll learn more about the eligibility requirements and which repayment plan may be best for your student borrower.
Are you looking for a better understanding of your students' interaction with FedLoan Servicing? These resources provide a complete overview of the support and services borrowers receive from FedLoan Servicing.
School Services & Support
Are you interested in learning more about the different ways FedLoan Servicing supports your school? These resources will offer complete insight on the support and services schools receive from FedLoan Servicing.
- TAKE 5 Video
- Sign up for the FedLoan Servicing Experience Webinar
- NSLDS Mail Merge Tutorial (SWF) - Adobe Flash Plugin Required -
- FedLoan Servicing Publications
FiveStar Skill Building
Are you looking to improve your ability to communicate with students, families, and coworkers? FiveStar Training provides practical tools designed for financial aid professionals to ensure your approach is effective, ethical and productive.
- Sign up for a FiveStar Skill Building Webinar
- Planning & Prioritization Event Recording
- Communication Skills: Barriers & Filters Event Recording
- Effective Written Communication Event Recording
- Listening & Receiving Feedback Event Recording
- Ethics Awareness
Register now for our live or recorded webinar training sessions:
- Default Prevention
- FedLoan Servicing Experience
Read Our FAQ
Get answers to your questions about our servicing of your Federal Direct Loan and Put loan volume.