Benefits of using your account number
You may need your 10-digit account number when:
- Filling out most FedLoan Servicing forms and applications.
- You make a payment by phone.
- Speaking with a Customer Service Representative.
- Sending in checks, money orders, and bill stubs.
- Sending letters or other written correspondence.
Please note: On occasion, we may still ask for your Social Security Number for verification purposes. To protect your security, please do not put your Social Security Number on correspondence to FedLoan Servicing unless we specifically request it.
Where to find your account number
On your billing statement.
Caption: A red circle illustrates that your account number is located on the top left corner of your return payment stub.
On correspondence about your account.
Caption: A red circle highlights where to find your account number on a letter from us. It's located on the right near the top of the page (underneath the letterhead information).